Monday, June 13, 2011
The secret of this recipe is to use high quality butter and a slow cooker.
You will need:
- 1 ounce(28g) of the best weed buds you can find
- 1 stick(250g) of high quality butter
- a slow cooker pot
- a plastic container for storage
- a strainer
- a piece of cheesecloth folded in 3
1. First, you will need to refine the butter by cooking it for at least 25-30 minutes into the slow cooker on the high heat setting until a white, glossy foam rises to the top. Remove the foam using a strainer. This process will neutralize the "non-sticking" milk-fat, giving at the same time a higher potency and a longer storage time for the weed butter(milk-fat free butter doesn't have the tendency to sour when stored).
2. For this recipe we will use only half of the usual amount of butter for every ounce of weed - and that means one stick of high quality butter (250g) for every ounce of weed buds (28g) you want to use.
3. Grind the weed and add it on top of the butter into the slow cooker.
4. Let it simmer for at least 5 hours on a low heat setting, stirring from time to time. When done, let it cool for a few minutes, then strain the content of the pot thru a cheesecloth into a plastic container.
For proper storage, freeze the butter at all time !